Our core values form the foundation of our church. We not only believe them but strive to be a church that honors them and live a life where they are evident. Please click on each value to learn more.
+ God is Good
- Jesus came to reveal the true nature of the Father. (Heb 1:1-3)
- Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil and that we may have life and have it abundantly. (John 10:10; 1 John 3:8; Acts 10:38; 1 Peter 5:8-10; Ephesians 6:12; Mark 5: 1-19)
- The message and ministry of Jesus perfectly reveals the nature of God as a good Father. (John 3:16-17; Hebrews 1:2-3; John 14:6-7; Isaiah 9:6; Colossians 1:19; Colossians 2:9; John 1:1; John 1:18; John 8:1 - 11; John 8:19)
+ Kindness and Honor for People
- TCC will be known for its kindness and honoring toward each other and those outside the body, including local leaders. (Daniel 5:18, 6:21, Ro 13:1)
- It is the kindness of God that brings to repentance. (Ro 2:4)
- There is a supernatural element that the church has been given access to similar to Jesus to bring redemptive goodness to the lost. Two examples of people startled by God’s goodness into repentance are Peter and Zaccheus. (Luke 5:4-9; Luke 19:1-10)
+ Everything was Purchased on the Cross
- There is no person, town, city or country beyond the redemptive power that Jesus brought at the cross. (Jn 3:16-17, 2 Pe 3:9, 1 Ti 2:3-6)
- There is no sickness, disease, demon, marriage, finance, etc. that is not covered at the cross. (Isaiah 53:1-11, 1 Jn 3:8)
- The default lens in each situation is the redemptive power of Jesus. (Gal 3:8-10, 13, 1Pe 1:18-19, Ro 8:28)
+ Jesus Commissioned Us All to Do What He Did
…the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages… but has now been manifested to His saints…. which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Col 1:26–27)
- Jesus died for all and sent the Holy Spirit for all. (Jn 3:16, Acts 2:16-18)
- All commissioned to share the gospel, heal the sick. (John 20:21-23; Matthew 10:7-8)
+ Honoring the Wider Church Body
- We honor the good God is doing in the wider body.
- Our first response is not suspicion but thankfulness.
- We celebrate and learn from other churches breakthroughs.
- We are a part of the Lord’s wider strategy.
+ Every Person is Significant
- Grace and gifts are given to each person.
- Need to see the value God puts in each person.
- Men and women carry the full authority of Jesus.
+ Servants First
- Like Jesus we come to serve and not be served. (Matt 20:28)
- “Rule with heart of a servant but serve with a heart of a king.” (Bill Johnson)
+ We Honor God’s Presence
- Holy Spirit will teach you all things. (John 14:26)
- Holy Spirit will testify about Me. (John 15:26)
- To our benefit Jesus goes otherwise Spirit will not come. (John 16:7)
- Jesus said to wait for the gift the Father promised. (Acts 1:4)
- Spirit helps us in our weakness and helps us pray. (Romans 8:26)
- Spirit upon us to preach and heal the sick. (Luke 4:17)
+ We are a People of Faith
- Nothing is impossible in Christ Jesus.
- Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. (Heb 11:1)
+ Power of the Gospel is Not Optional
- Not weird, only authentic power.
- All expectant for miracles - we all press in and pray for people.
- Impossible to adequately demonstrate the love of God outside of power.
+ Prophetic People
- Prophetic changes the present reality with God’s reality.
- See what is in heaven and bring it into the now (Lord’s Prayer).
- Body that all tunes into heaven for people.
- Seeing God’s call on a person, not stumbling on their faults.
+ Fruit of the Spirit as Important as the Gifts
- Grace is there to empower us to overcome.
- Grace does cover our mistakes, but more importantly is there to help us become like Jesus in character and works.
- We don't have to live with character deficiencies but live in grace as by grace are changed.
- Need both truth and love. Love without truth and truth without love is dangerous.
+ Daily Devotional Life
- Daily reading and meditation on His Word.
- Passion for prayer and intimacy with the Father.
- We cant live off the faith of others.
+ Corporate Prayer
- Jesus modeled the importance of prayer.
- Prayer is foundational to everything we do.
+ Ok to Make Mistakes
Where no oxen are, the manger is clean, But much revenue comes by the strength of the ox. (Prov 14:14)
- Faith takes risk, and risk equals mistakes.
- Operate out of the safety zone – will people still feel loved if I am wrong.
- There is safety when we operate in team.
+ Victorious Church
- The Church is the bride of Christ who God has chosen to fulfill His great commission to make disciples of all nations.
- We know Christ will return to a victorious bride, but in the meantime we focus on the mandate of bringing heaven to earth. We build in such a way that creates a foundation and an inheritance for future generations. (Proverbs 13:22; Acts 2:39; 2 Timothy 2:1-2; Titus 2:11-14; James 5:7-8; Isaiah 9:6-7; Matthew 25:1-29; Hebrews 11:4-30)
+ We are a Family Not an Organization
- First and foremost it is about loving God and His people and not function (the 2 greatest commandments).
- We are adopted into God’s family and are a community of believers. (Eph 1:5; Acts 4:32-35)
- We mutually submit to one another in love looking to benefit the whole. (Romans 12:9-21; 1 Corinthians 13)
- We stand by people during difficult times or when they fail and are committed to helping them be restored. (Galatians 6:1; Matthew 18:15; John 8:1-11; Psalm 141:5)